The other day we were driving and Ben says "I wonder what our lives would be like if Joe were still here." I have been thinking a lot about that. Maybe it's not productive to wonder what would have been, but I guess that's what you do sometimes when you miss someone. We love him so much and I'm so grateful to have known him. He was our best friend and we'll never forget all the happy memories. I used to worry and wonder if the memories would fade away, but it's been 11 years since he's been gone, and they're as vivid as ever. I think it's important to write them down though, and I loved Whit's blog with the opportunity to remember all sorts of different things about sweet Joe. We love him dearly, miss him like crazy, and are so grateful that we'll see him again someday. Happy Birthday! Feel free to celebrate his birthday and his life by leaving a memory here...

I think Joe would like this sweet van cake.
9 comments:
Bean...I love Joe. I think about what might have been a lot. Joe was such a sweetie pie. I love him. I'm so glad Josie gets to be named after him. I loved that you went from him to Ben and then were all 3 best friends.
Love the van cake, it's total molester style. Happy Birthday to Joe. I think about him too and reminisce about his last year and how we had seminary together last period. It was before I had my car so he gave me a ride home from school just about everyday. What a funny guy he was. Always cheerful, always with a smile in his eye. That little twinkle, ya know?
I love the cake Linds! I don't know who Joe was, but Andrew thinks he was pretty cool - so I do too. You are so nice to remember his birthday :)
On a side note, I have a favor to ask you - how possible is it for you to make us a blog header? you are so amazing and i would love to spice ours up a bit...what do you think??
i was the "author" that removed the comment above.. mostly cause i didn't know joe.. so i didn't want to be all "oh hey".. but scrolling down i've come to realize it's the best blog for me to make comment on seeing as how it involves cake, and the words molester and seminary(in the comment above) but.. my last name is baker.. so not only am i associated with cake in the baking sense.. but also in the eating of sense.. i love eating of cakes!! and joe seems rad!
The tears are streaming from my face and I have somewhere to go! Thanks for posting this Linds. Joe would have loved that van, you guys would have done some serious mischevious with those wheels, with Texas is the Reason playing or some hair band. Love you guys, thanks for helping keep him near.
More tears, they keep coming.
Linds, you brought me to tears...while sitting in the library! I loved Joe's easy going and kind nature. Even though it was probably almost 20 years ago, I still remember Joe's first day at Boulton and how cute we all thought he was. I still think of him often and am so glad I knew him.
I just read this again and it makes me happy to have Ben and you talk about him, I wonder too. Mostly, I would want my kids to know him (although, in my mind, they already have met him and been prepped on how to get away with some things).
Do you know what? When I was really little and Joe and Ben would pick me up from skating, I always thought to myself, "I'm gonna marry that kid one day." Luckily I found another great catch, but Joe will always be in our memories and close to our hearts.
Post a Comment