1. The elderly woman coming out of Walmart in a torrential downpour who, when she saw Josie and I didn't have an umbrella, turned around and escorted us back in with hers.
2. The woman in the grocery store who witnessed Josie dropping and shattering a glass salt-shaker, then smiling she says in a whisper, "Just keep moving! You've got enough to worry about!"
3. The man at dinner who came up to Ben and asked him if he was in "the service" then thanked him so much for his service to our country.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Bean, I'm already in an emotional state, but this post made me burst into tears. You know how I feel about Ben and our service to our country. They just hung a flag in my classroom and I love to look at it everyday. I still get teary every time I hear proud to be an American. I love nice people. Why can't all people be nice. I had a parent sobbing in my office yesterday and I just had to hug her. Her husband of 41 years left her for another woman. There is enough awful things going on in this world that people need to pay it forward more often. How cute that she walked you to your car. It makes me cry. Geez i am a total wreck and it's only 6:30 in the morning.
Those little things done by total strangers make this world go round. Good post Linds. :) p.s. I saw Court last night at our ward Trunk n' Treat. Drew was a dinosaur and Miley Cinderella (with lipstick smeared all over her mouth, I loved it!) Tessa was a ladybug. If my camera didn't need a new battery I would have taken a pic.
Always try to do something nice for someone you don't know everyday....some will be surprised some hearts will be changed. I love your sweet little heart Linds! I honor Ben and his service everyday and keep him in my prayers.xoxoxoxsis
p.s. Paige you are crying because you are up at 6:30 a.m.!!!!I went to bed at 3 and am. just getting rolling @ noon...sleeplessinotown.com
I love being reminded that there really are good people in this world still.
Cute linds - I am glad you didn't have to pay for the shattered salt shaker! How did the guy at dinner know Ben was in "the service"? Does he go out in uniform?
Cute stories- It's good to know there are still good people out there with all the "crap" going on in the world. Hope all is well!
I'll tell you who is the nicest stranger in the world who isn't a stranger to any of us but it is your little bro, Seriously we can not go anywhere with out jc handing out money to people even though we ourselfs are running low on cash. He is so carring and always trying to make someone elses day a little bit better. I love that little brother of yours.
I love him too! He's that stranger to other people - - I've just been realizing that I need to be like that more often. I get so wrapped up in how busy I am and don't even look around sometimes.
This post made me tear up. Thanks for being grateful Linds. And thanks to Ben for what he is doing.
I loved reading this linds.... it's nice to know that everyone is being nice to you there, and most people really are good people.
Post a Comment