So, why do I do this? If me, Benj and our tiny peanut weren't 2,000 miles away from our family and most of our friends, maybe I wouldn't. I love how I can let my loved ones watch Josie grow and learn, even if they can't be here. I love that they know what's going on with us, even when I haven't had time to call in a few days. On days when I haven't left the house or spoken to a live person besides my baby girl, I love reading comments left by friends and family that help me feel connected to the real world. I love peeking into my friends and family's blogs and finding out what they're doing today. The article pointed out that through blogging, mothers have a network of friends and other mothers to share experiences with, relate to, and to feel connected to at times when they might otherwise feel totally isolated. I love this. This is very true for me. I am reminded that I really do have friends - even when I feel lonely because I haven't made any here yet.
So, here's a glimpse into our life - our imperfect but sweet life, and a photo to illustrate the point.

Here's the article if you'd like to read it:
Confessions of a Mommy Blogger

16 comments:
I think blogging is good for you Linds....because selfishly....I love you and miss you and I love to watch Jose grow up..Thanks for that.xoxoxsis
How true that is... I love the feeling your post left. Sometimes it is so nice to know that there are other girls out there who I have so much in common with but we are all to busy or far away to hang out. Blogging can fill that void, and it is just fun to see what my girlfriends are up to. I love reading your blog and about the adventures that you guys are having. You do a great job at keeping yours up and making it interesting. You are a good narrator. Keep up the good work!
thanks for that linds...i too have asked myself these same questions. it is nice to know there are others out there that only talk to a little lady all day.
Bean, It's not an option to stop blogging. I look forward everyday to see Josephine and her new tricks and talents. I was looking at your posts from last year at this time, and I can't believe a whole year of blogging has gone by, let alone a whole year of Josie growing up and becoming a big girl. I miss her so much. It makes me laugh to see her holding her squeaky shoe and how happy they make her. I love you Clarks...Favorite Aunt P
AMEN to all of the above. I feel the same way and quite honestly, now that the majority of my friends and siblings blog, I don't know what I would to without it! I can see my nieces and nephews, friends, and neihbors. We have SO loved being able to keep in touch with you guys and miss you dearly! Power to the people my Blogging Sista! lol
Oh Linz, you have inspired me to become a better blogger. It's true, sometimes you feel like you're on an island and doing things nobody else in the world does, but then you open up your blogs and its so reassuring that other gals are doing the same thing. I love you...and miss you.
So- true- I am not the best at blogging, but i truly feel like i keep in touch with my friends and family when i normally would not. I too think it is a good thing!
How funny, I was just thinking this (and think it quite often) that it is a bit narcissistic and what is the point. But I blog because you blog and I get to see Josie and you and Ben. Send me the article if you have a chance.
Omie Kerstin.
My day wouldn't be complete if I wouldn't be able to check your blog before I go to bed each night. What a blessing technology is so that we can stay connected to one another and see sweet Josie in her precious poses.
Love You Guys. Sleep tight.
Love, Mom
I'm with you too, Lindsay. Even though it's mostly just my neighbors who blog, blogging gives me an easier way to let my folks, in-laws, and siblings get to see what's going on with us without having to call everyone all the time for the silly things the kids do!
Linds--I've thought a lot about this too. However, my situation is different. I don't have any children, so we basically post about ourselves, family, friends, and our DOGS! SOOOOO...it's even more selfish on our part! :) BUT... I think with family and friends all around the country it's kind of nice to keep in contact and stay in the know. I certainly enjoy looking at your blog and cute pictures. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep blogging. :)
Linds, I'm surprised you haven't had a falling out with Dwight and removed him from your blog. In his latest post he totally disses on your peeps!
Thanks for letting me know Anna Banana - I haven't been up to date on Dwight's thoughts. I'm so tired of being persecuted for being a Swede.
HI, lindsey! i just found your blog thru the CHI-O circuit and your little girl is SO CUTE! i love the name josie. i love what you wrote about blogging b/c even though i live in SLC right now, i like to feel connected to fellow-moms,friends. anywho, it's fun to see what you're up to! we have a private blog, but you're welcome to come!
just email me your address lizbaucom(at)gmail.com
once again, it's great to "see" you in the blog world!
liz (boyer) baucom
Linds,
I too love seeing Josie grow and knowing what's going on when you're so far away. For me blogging has become my journal. It's such a great way to have somewhere to put all my thoughts.
I miss you.
Post a Comment