Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sweet Valentine and special visitors...

We had the sweetest Valentine's Day yet. Ben is the most dreamy Valentine in the universe. He secretly bought a plane ticket for Josie and I to go to California and visit Laurie and Matt and the kids - something that we've been dying to do (we haven't even met my nephew Nate, for crying out loud!). Josie is going to go bananas playing with her sweet cousins. And it just so happens that Paige, Jace, Tiana, and possibly Aims will be there too! The only way it could be better is if Ben could come. Here he is taking a bite out of his special Valentine treat.

We were actually able to go on a date to a bluegrass concert- all by ourselves - for the first time in a long time! It was so fun.


Here is the reason we were able to go on a hot date - Ben's parents came to visit this weekend, lucky us! We have had so much fun, and we're so glad they made the cross-country trek to see us.
Poor Kerstin broke her wrist last weekend and had surgery right before she came. Josie doesn't think that's a good enough excuse to not be held by her grandma all the time.

Josie has so much fun playing with Grandpa Steve and laughing her sweet little laugh.

Her first banjo lesson...

9 comments:

Meridith said...

She is so cute. I love that she wants to be held. Where did you get that heart shaped pizza? I want one. My Valentines day consisted of pizza hut in the airport. How romantic. How cute that you got to go to a concert with your Valentine. Miss you guys.

Gramma Annie said...

I am so glad you all get to go see Laurie and new baby Nate! Have fun!!!Wish I could be there! xoxosis

Sarah said...

We miss you soooo much. Tell Bens mom I say Hi I miss her too. Josie is so stinkin' adorable We love you guys!!

Unknown said...

You're going to have so much fun. What a nice husband!

Sid said...

How fun linds- she is such a doll. I am glad kersten and steve could come give you 2 a night out. It is much needed to spend alone time with eachother!

Lorilee said...

ben sure had a hot date in a cute red, fur-trimmed coat. sounds like a sweet weekend with a totally awesome heart-shaped pizza.
California? fun.

Emily said...

a night out is always nice! Is that baby huggums?
E has one too!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Congrats on your night out alone! So fun to rekindle our lives before kids. They are so worth it though! I think Josie and Reese have the same polka dot sweater!

Tia said...

Linds--I haven't checked out the blogs forever. Josie is getting so big and so pretty!! I really want to see her in person someday.