Tagged by Whit and Paigie
7 things I can do:
1 - Listen to and analyze other people's problems
2 - Sew a little
3 - Paint and make art
4 - Play my mandolin
5 - Improvise when I'm cooking (see #4 below)
6 - Pick paint colors
7 - Laugh at myself
7 things I can't do:
1 - Quilt - no patience, too much perfectionism - doesn't work for quilting
2 - Paint or make art on a deadline - ask Court! (she has been waiting for a painting since last Christmas!)
3 - Practice my mandolin consistently
4 - Follow a recipe correctly ! I am constantly improvising to correct my mistakes! (ie. see recipe below*)
5 - Scrapbook (same issues as #1)
6 - Get to church on time
7 - Keep my laundry room clean
7 things I always say:
1 - Flippin' fetchers!
2 - Can you ask nicely?
3 - Good night, sleep tight! (I didn't realize this one until Josie started saying it to me at bedtime)
4 - I love you.
5 - Dude, so.......
6 - Oh man! (In my head it sounds like Swiper the fox)
7 - Sweet!
7 things I always eat:
1 - Frosted mini-wheats
2 - string cheese
3 - Ben's magnificent guacamole
4 - Newman's Own chocolate cream cookies
5 - Diet Shasta root beer.
6 - Breyers triple chocolate ice cream
7 - pb & n's....(Nutella, duh!)
*The other night I made brownies for Ben. I LOVE the recipe from the back of the Nestle cocoa powder box. I transposed the amounts and added more than twice the amount of cocoa that it called for, so I sort of altered some of the other ingredients and this is what we ended up with. It ended up tasting a little more like flourless chocolate cake and it really got rave reviews around my house: "This tastes totally gourmet! Like, something you'd buy at Starbucks, not something you'd just find on the kitchen counter." Try them. You too could receive glowing reviews such as these.
Lindsey's flourless chocolate cake (with flour)
3/4 c. butter (1 1/2 sticks) melted
1 tbs. vegetable oil
1 2/3 c. sugar
2 tbs. water
2 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 c. flour
1 2/3 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together sugar, butter, oil, and water. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and add to sugar mixture. Press into greased 9x13 pan. Cook for 18-21 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sounds delish, I will have to try them.
P.S. We had a great time at the Jazz v. Wizards game too...except when the Jazz fell apart and blew it at the end. I yelled "Go JC!" at Korver a few times in honor you guys though.
hi linds!!! it's charlotte! how are you?! oh man, i love your blog! i'm totally going to make your cake recipe!! and josie is the cutest ever! (sorry for all of the explanation marks!)
Oh, I miss you. Please move next door to me! I can't quilt either, too much perfection, no patience. I need you for paint colors.
This is the relief society commenting. I don't think your blog is appropriate or conservative enough. Change it up. hhhh.
jk jk
Ok, I feel sad because there were things on this list I didn't even know about you. Things on the "7 things I always eat" list. Pretty much everything on there except the pb & n's.
"7 things you can't do"...#2. Getting impatient on this one...IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! YOU'VE HAD OVER A YEAR! pretty peeved. hhhh
and Dudette, I say "whatev" about the quilting comment. Have you ever even tried? Let's see it if you have.
I loved this post. You rock the planet and the casbah (hh, is that how you spell that?!)
dude, so.. I think I'm just going to cut and paste your 7 things tag to my blog (paige tagged me too).
no joke... my list will have 90% of the exact same answers... I guess we're meant to be bff's.
ps. glad to know I'm not the only one who starts their sentences with "dude, so..." I was thinking now that I am 30, I better stop saying that... but if you say it, then I guess it's okay.
Flippin Fetchers is my fave. and whatever when you say you can sort of sew. You are the bomb.com of a sewer. Josie's halloween dress..Case and point. Oh and if I didn't have you for a sister I'd choose you for a friend. Hehe.
I thought you were going to write "can you share?" as one of the things you say. I probably hear that a lot from you because Bailey is always stealing Josie´s toys when we go to visit =)
I miss you lots and lots!
I love these things, Lindsey! You are truly talented...mandolin/sew/baking! Wow. I agree on the Diet Rt. Beer and NEVER gettin' to church on time. I think I'll try a PB&n sometime!
oh that's too funny~ You are a very talented lady!
Post a Comment