Friday, May 16, 2008

Popcorn Park

Yesterday, my friend and I took the kids to Popcorn Park Zoo. The last time we visited the zoo, I lamented over the poor confined wild animals - but Popcorn Park is my kind of zoo! It's owned and operated by the Humane Society, and all of the animals are rescued from horrible fates to live here. They sell you a box of popcorn, then the kids get to feed it to all of the animals, hence the name. Even the bears reach their paws through the bars to get it.


Jos treating the bears to a snack.

Goldilocks and the three bears.

Sometimes little boys are just as interesting as wild animals.

This sheep actually scared J to death. He was nice and friendly until she stopped feeding him. Then he honked really loud right in her face and really frightened the poor little bug.

Before the incident. PS: watch out for the billy goat, man is he mean! My friend told me that he's really agressive and sometimes steals kids' popcorn boxes. Sure enough, he was gnawing on some poor kid's box when we visited their pen.

Bambi and the bambina.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I think I love these kinds of petting zoos and feeding parks more than my kids! Side note: Thanks for your lovely comment. Interestingly enough, your name came up between myself and someone you know well as an example of a marriage that seems truly wonderful. Sure, everyone has their stuff, but I am motivated by your obviously positive and genuinely cheerful attitude and use it as an example for my life. I was sincerely moved to hear all of your words, and the words of others, and see that we are all in the same boat - this is hard for all of us. Thanks again - I think you're about as darling of a person there is...and always have.

lbb said...

That is my kind of zoo, Lindsey.
Oh, and is your face profile beautiful enough in that pic with Josie in DC? You are a gorgeous girl, and a darling mommy.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Fun D.C. trip Linds!!! And, sweet trip to Popcorn park. Josie is as cute as button.

Paige said...

That popcorn box is almost as big as peanut. I bet she loves that zoo. Not as much as dad's animal farm though. The bears make me a little nervous. But they sure are cute. I am missing peeny piney po.

Stacie Trevino said...

DOn't you just love the zoo?! The Hogle Zoo get's better every year. I was so pleasently suprised to see how excited Jay got about all the animals. Naturally, we had to buy a zoo pass and have been like 10 times already!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Me and Josie's cousin want to go to pop corn park with the two of you. I can't wait till we can meet up for fun activities like this.

the youngs said...

I love the idea of chilling at the zoo with my new little one. I think they have a pretty good one in Nashville if you ever feel like checking it out!! :)

derrickfam said...

Popcorn park is hilarious. I can't believe how brave little Josie is handing a piece of popcorn to that goat! ha ha! love her.

Kim said...

Popcorn park! What a cute idea. Is it kind of scary that they let you feed the bears? I love that josie was more afraid of the goat than the bear! So cute.

Lindsay B. said...

Linds I miss you guys! What a fun trip to go to the Popcorn Park Zoo. I am tempted to start one of my own with Rosie as the main attraction. I love the goldilocks picture - did Jos steal their porridge???

OPORG said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-belanja-melalui-paypal-agar-transaksi-lebih-praktis