Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to my main man!!


Happy Birthday to Benny! I am so grateful that he was born, and that he loves me. I feel so lucky to be his wife, and that he is the sweetest daddy Josie could ever have.
A few reasons why I love you, Benji:
You have loved me for 12 years!
You gave me a sweet little bug named Josie.
You are the sweetest daddy ever and love to play with her.
You are so handsome.
You look even more handsome in your Air Force getups.
You always take care of me.
You are the best shopping buddy.
You love birds and know everything about them.
You have the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know and you remind me of Cookie Monster when you want something sweet.
I love your Cookie Monster impression.
I love that you have worked so hard to get where you are - all for us!
I love that you loved Vermillion.
I love that you feed ducks whole pieces of bread at one time.
I love that you are such an amazing guitar player.
I love that you've traveled everywhere in the world.
I love that when you worked at the animal clinic, you couldn't resist a cute orphan.
I love how much you love Scratchy - and that you were always her favorite.
I love that you learned how to do everything to fix up our first little home.
I love that you were so excited when we found out Josie was a girl instead of a boy, and that you had a feeling all along.
I love that you made me feel pretty when I was big and pregnant.
I love that you served a mission.
I love that you are good at everything you do.
I love that you wrote 'you're hot' in my 8th grade yearbook.
I love that you're still the sweet skater boy that I fell in love with.
I love your special guacamole.
I love that you look so handsome with a 'high and tight'.
I love that your German accent sounds like the Swedish Chef.
I love that you love your family so much.
I love that you took me on the sweetest honeymoon ever.
I love that you drank Pina Coladas with me til we got a little chubby.
I love that you are so neat and tidy, to balance out my tornado-ness.
I love your 'ness'.
I love that we love and hate all the same things.
I love that we are thinking the same thing all the time.
I love that you didn't study for the LSAT and still got into law school.
I love that you were the sexiest teacher at USD, and that all the freshman had crushes on you.
I LOVE that you spent an entire summer making me the most beautiful mandolin ever made.
I love that you think I'm a good mandolin player even though I'm not.
I love that you also love Elvis.
I love that you love the '90s with me.
I love that you were on the cover of the Deseret News.
I love that my little brother is your best friend.
I love that you never did drugs or drank, even when all your friends did.
I love that you love baseball teams with bird mascots.
I love that you are such a good potter.
I love that you always need milk with your cookies.
I love that you support me in all my hobbies: painting, sewing, furniture restoring, welding..
I love that you proposed to me at the Star of India.
I love that you dared to come to the Chi Omega house and stand in front of all those girls when we got engaged.
I love that you defended my eyebrows when my sisters would tease me about them.
I love that you always put me first and make me feel special.
I love that when I asked if you liked the name Josephine, you loved it as much as I did.
I love that you are the anti-pack rat.
I love you will sometimes pretend that you're donating things for me, and really throw them away.
I love that you can't lie to me.
I love that you love Montana, and that you taught me how to ride a dirt bike.
I love how you say "girls don't do that" when you want me to do something.
I love that Josie loves you, and that you make special stops at the store just to pick up bread to feed the geese with her.
I love you because you're the best husband in the universe.
I love you because you're my one true love.

If you read all of that, you must really like Ben too!

8 comments:

Paige said...

To the best brother in law on the entire planet!!! Happy Birthday...My mom and I are sitting here crying while we read this sweet sweet post. I love it. My mom loves that you love her french toast the very most and I love that you gave me a ride to college everyday with front door service with your handicap pass. I also love how you tell Josie a hundred times a day how cute she is. I'm sorry I ever teased you and called you "Earl". Because that night when I brought you brownies and ice cream, you didn't even ask for milk, even though I know you wanted some. You are the greatest thing since sliced bread that you feed to the ducks. I love how you take care of my sissy and niece. I hope you had the best day ever. Mom just said..."you know how you can buy a bed in a bag? I feel like Ben is a party in a bag!!" How freakin funny is that. Whenever Ben walks in the party starts hoppin...

Paige said...

Oh and Ben...Next time you come to Phoenix, the salon in my Walmart specialized in "Fades"...

Gramma Annie said...

I love that we have the same birthday and we both love Elvis and Linds! xoxoxosis

Anonymous said...

Omie Kerstin a.k.a. Ben's mom,

What a sweet list you came up with Lindsey and what a sweet wife you are to my boy formerly known as, Oscar the Grouch. The Grouch has long since disappeared. Ben liked ducks when he was a little tike in the stroller at Huntington Gardens in So. Pasadena. I have always loved the picture of Ben nose to bill with the duck. I'm so glad Ben was born 29 years ago in the coldest and snowiest winter in years in Madison. It was 16 below zero when we took Ben home from the hospital. In spite of his cold and bleak beginnings, Ben has one the sweetest personalities and warmest hearts, especially around Lindsey and Josie. However, he did think my recipe for french toast was made with 6 eggs and 1 gallon of milk!(or something close to that)

Happy Birthday Ben. We love you and are so grateful that we have you in our family. Could you answer a question for me? How is it that you and I are the same age now? Ah, one of the mysteries of life.

I love you much.
Love, Mom

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Benny! You're the best friend a guy could ask for.

You're BFF,
Tim

Erika said...

Lindz-
I was like, literally tearing up as I read your cute list. I am so lucky to have the best brothers ever. I called Benjo on his b-day and he was at home watching Barney with Josie. Honestly, THAT choked me up a bit. I am so lucky to have Ben as an older brother, and you as a sister-in-law as the greatest examples in every way possible.
Happy B-day Ben! We Love You!!
Pappy & Jace

Lindsay B. said...

Cute post Linds!! It makes me think of all the reasons I love my Andrew.

P.S. A proposal at Star of India??? What more could any girl want?? :)

whit said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ben! I love that you will sit down and eat with my family, stay a while then go and eat a whole other meal with yours 20 minutes later. I love that you married my brother's first girlfriend and that his two best friends married each other. I love that you are so simple and yet so completely genius at all things. I love how you love Linds. I love how this makes me cry because I love the two of you so much. Happy Birthday.
Whit