Josie and I had a wild weekend trying to visit Benny in Alabama! Aside from getting to spend time with our favorite person, parts of it could be summed up as hell on earth. We started traveling Thursday at 3:00 pm, and didn't arrive in Alabama until 2:00 pm on Saturday...to make a long story short, lots of delays, flight cancelled, slept in Atlanta, in the airport until 2 am, crying baby, aaah! Then we had the most fun day and a half we've had in a long time - playing with Benji. We just hung out and tried to fit as much family time in as possible. Ben is so cute with his "high and tight" haircut, he looks so adorable. We thought the way home couldn't possibly be as bad as the way there...it turns out, it could! We left Sunday morning, had another flight cancelled, spent another night in a hotel room, sprinted through the Atlanta airport, and barely made it home by Tuesday afternoon. Josie was such a perfect little travel buddy - such a good sport. The only time she cried was around 1 am in the airport waiting in line to be rebooked. It's funny how sometimes when it seems things aren't going well, you get a glimpse of perspective - - I sat next to an adorable couple from Madrid, Spain. They were so cute with Josie, playing games with her, touching her, and just laughing at her the whole way to Atlanta. She had been on the train in Madrid when the terrorists bombed them 3 years ago, and was paralyzed from the waist down. Later in the flight she told me that she was pregnant at the time and she'd lost her baby in the horrific explosion. Even though our travels were awful, I kept thinking back to her...and how lucky I am to be anywhere with my sweet, healthy and happy baby girl. Even in the Montgomery, Alabama airport. Here are some pics of our travels:
My sweet little trooper

Cutest passenger

Finally catching some z's

Daddy! She was so excited to see him.

Party!!!

Cutie pie and mini-me.

Snuggle-bugs.

All together again!

Josie got a present for being such a good girl - a Cabbage Patch baby. Did you keep the names they came with or change them? I usually changed mine. Josie's baby is named Makenna Margarita..? (Mandy, maybe that should be your babe's middle name?)

Long travel day...

We did see Clarissa Explains It All in the airport. I should have asked her to explain all my delays...
14 comments:
Ben looks so great! Wow Linds and Josies Wild Wild Ride!!!! You two are so cute!!! I can"t believe the horror the sick bombers have brought to this world! I am so proud of you and Ben and all the love you bring to this world!xoxoxoxsis
Ha, I loved Clarissa Explains it all. I love that you got to spend some time with your military man. Or whatever division he is. I always kept my CPK names, but mine were pretty doable. Caroline has one named Lilly Anna. We kept that, I wanted a little Hispanic one for her. But I went through like 60 at three different stores trying to find on with her birthday and a good name.
We want to see you guys too, so call us.
Oh, I love how sensible Jos is. She has on a really cute dress AND some tennies, great for running from plane to plane. Good girl.
Linds, I'm sorry you had to spend so much time in the Atlanta airport...I hate that place! I'm glad to hear that you are introducing the beloved Cabbage Patch to Josie...have you seen the new commercial that features a cabbage patch child star gone wild? I was laughing at it so hard and my parents were just staring at me. Whatever, cabbage patch kids rock.
P.S. Of course we will show you around D.C. When do you guys move to Jersey?
You guys are troopers! Traveling by yourself with a baby is hard work, especially with all those delays. Way to go!
Linds- sounds like your travels were filled full of sitting around and waiting...I'm sorry :( I like your perspective though. One of my co-workers always says "worse things have happened in the history of mankind" (that was in reference to delayed flights--not the bomb explosion in Spain). I'm glad to see Josie enjoying her cabbage patch doll..I remember my favorite was named Alisha Belinda (but I called her Molly) and she had beautiful long pigtails locks of yarn--loved her! :)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds horrible!!!! I'm so sorry! I bet you want to sleep for the next week. Ben looks great as usual. I love the new military 'do. My cabbage patch's name was "Waneda Madeline" and yes, I called her Waneda. I didn't know you were allowed to change. You rule breakers...
Linds,
It was so good to see you today, and to see that cute Josie in person. What a doll! Your experience at the airport does sound horrible. Too bad they're a necessary evil.
That sounds a little like my attempt to get to Utah for Erin's wedding in June - I know how frustrating it is to be travelling alone with kids! Write a letter...I'm still waiting to hear back from Southwest for my nightmare!
Bean. I love the party you guys are having on the bed. What a rager. Ben looks adorable, as usual. And why didn't you tell me about Josie's new camo shoes? Lets I Chat again tonight. I love it. Clarissa explains it all totally reminds me of our childhood. For some reason it reminds me of you and sid making a movie and you wearing a funny hat. I'm not sure why. Anyway...Just when I am feeling sorry for myself, something happens where I feel so ungrateful for everything in my life. I think that is how he arranged life to happen. Life is hard. I am going to keep using the secret to find parking spots and hope my life goes smooth. Love you lots.
oh man, my favorite part of this post is hearing all your Cabbage Patch names - - I need a seperate post just for that! I can't remember any of my names since I don't think I ever stuck with them (yes Courty, I broke that rule), but as the adoptive mom, don't I have that right? I remember the best Christmas morning ever - when I came in the living room to find a set of Cabbage Patch twins in a double stroller!! So cute - the way you told them apart was that one had a tooth and one didn't. So funny. Waneda??? Belinda? I'm dying.
woops - it's me posting as Tiana by accident...
oh, Linds....sounds like a nightmare, but dream come true all at the same time. I'm sure it was so much fun to be with Ben, but getting there was not too enjoyable. I'm sorry.
I loved your story at the end though about that couple...it's amazing how other peoples experiences and help us appreciate our lives, no matter what the situation.
You are so brave to travel by yourself with Josie I would have been so nervous. You guys are such a cute family I'm glad you were reunited. And I loved the story about the other couple it does make you put things into perspective.
Post a Comment