Monday, March 23, 2009

Ludicrous Speed

I know I've said this a million times before, but SERIOUSLY! What happened to my baby? She has had such a growth spurt lately. Her favorite little jeans are now above her ankles. She talks like a little adult and says the funniest grown up things. She is so excited to be a big sister and asks me every few days when the baby is going to come out. She tells me she'll help change the baby's diapers, and practices on Elmo. Speaking of diapers, there are none in our house!!! I have tried in vain to make her potty-training fit into my schedule, but that isn't how it happened. We are going to Phoenix this week, and I wanted to wait until after our trip, but last Thursday she decided she did NOT want to wear diapers or pull-ups ever again. "They itch mom!" So that day she went in the potty all day and we even took a trip to Costco and the grocery store where she used the potty as well. We gave her diapers to her little friend and she has been doing so well. I'm seriously amazed and I just realized that I needed to trust that she could do it, instead of assuming it would be horrible and visualizing all the accidents. She is so proud of herself and always lets everyone know, "Hey guys! I just went wee wee!!"
In other big girl news, I took her to the dentist again last week, and I figured they'd just peek into her mouth like they did the first time. Instead, it was little tiny girl meets big person dental appointment - they cleaned her teeth and she laid there so still and opened her mouth so well. When they were done she said to the hygenist, "I think I get a new toothbrush now." They gave her a purple one, and let her pick a fluorescent pink penguin out of their toy drawer, too. Her dentist is by the beach, so we went there after to celebrate.









I'm so used to the growing up happening gradually and hardly being noticeable. This last week was leaps and bounds of it and I'm still trying to soak it in. Next step, big girl bed!!!

13 comments:

Paige said...

I'm now counting down the hours til I get to see that peanut. I seriously can't stand it. I have her presents wrapped and I am so excited for her go potty at Aunt Pagie's house. Love her and her big girlness. I want her to stay ewo forever!!! Love her.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I need a dose of courage from you and just do this no diapers thing. She's diaperless all day at home, but the minute I leave the house I chicken out and add the diaper! Also, got the big girl bed thing down, it wasn't so bad afterall. Don't worry. So, to sum it up, we did it opposite. Big girl bed (by default) than onto potty trained girl.

Brandon Bridge said...

So cute. I'm hoping Hazel's potty training is that easy!

steph said...

she seriously is so grown up for her age! yea for josie for doing the whole dentist thing. oh, how i am dreading that one.

Sid said...

yeah for no diapers! I think if you let them do it when they are ready then it is soooo easy! then they have less accidents and it is so much easier on us! i think some parents get too excited and start too early (especially with girls) and then it just sucks. She is such a cutie! have fun in arizona!

Amanda said...

Man, she's big! We haven't had T's big dentist appointment yet, but that's such a big step. I love that she talks like a little person - it's all the cuter because she looks like a tiny elf.

Gramma Annie said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! What a smartie pants! SOOOOO cute! xoxox

linds said...

i love that she was just all done with dipers...what a big girl and your right...all the sudden it just happens.

Emily said...

that beach looks dreamy...
she is smart for her age & the dentist we are supposed to take them to the dentist?

lbb said...

Wow! Can she come teach Jack the business? My boys are a little slow to the uptake, but aren't all boys?!
I want to be on the beach with you. Wa wa wa...

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Good job Little J! That was a great observation- to not visualize all the accidents, but just let her go for it! Is she potty trained for nap and bedtime too? I'd be impressed! I still visualize all the wet beds, so I still a diaper on Reese at night. Maybe I should just let her try... thanks for the encouragement!

Angela said...

She impresses me everytime we visit. I can't wait for Bailey to stop wearing diapers! We'll just have to come play with Jo Jo often so she learns from her =)

We miss you guys!

Lorilee said...

i love those little piggie toes.. and for such a tiny little peanut (i swear june weighs more than her) she really is so grown up. no diapers? dentist? look how far you've come.. it's crazy to think you're just about to start it all over again.

ps. so jelly doughnut of your ray bans.