Monday, March 16, 2009

Flyin' the Coop

I had a wonderful birthday celebrating with Grandpa, Omie, and Erry before they sent us off on our wild adventure. Kerstin made me an amazing birthday dinner, and she and J baked me the yummiest cake. Josie helped me blow out the candles. About 50 times.





We are so so so lucky and grateful for our wonderful family who were more than happy to manhandle the J-bird for a week so that we could go to Germany and just enjoy each other and not worry about our baby bird.







We missed her so much. We talked to her on the phone every night - hearing the sweetest "I love you mommy" always helped me to fall asleep even though we were so far away. I was worried that she'd be mad or traumatized by us leaving for so long, but she was perfectly happy. We were dying to see her, and she was very happy to see us, but she had a great week playing with her Omie and Aunt Erry.


Sweet reunion. Tonight she said "Dad, come over on the couch and snuggle and watch a movie." We couldn't have been gone from this little snuggle-bug much longer!

3 comments:

Gramma Annie said...

So much easier to know your sweet baby had a fun vacation too! xoxox

Lorilee said...

happy J hasn't lost the pirate smile.
also, happy that your bday was happy, and you got a home cooked meal (by a mom other than yourself-- I dream of that), birthday cake and ice cream.
can I please have J's bunnie shirt. oh, and her brown and orange sweater too.
missed you.

Sid said...

what a sweetie! how nice of kersten and erica to come watch her! what a great fam!