Monday, February 9, 2009

Petite Picasso

Hang it in the Louvre! This little budding artist has been hard at work - I seriously admire her dedication and obsession with art. She would ALWAYS rather be coloring, painting, drawing, or play-doh-ing. She wakes up in the morning "Mom, I need to paint," and all day she runs back and forth from her little art table making little masterpieces. She has learned how to use little scissors and promptly cuts up most of her artwork after finishing it. My favorite thing she draws is dolphins. She always draws them the same and they are most likely the cutest dolphins ever. Today we made a few valentines- I left this card on her table for her to decorate and I came back to this beautiful little composition. I love it. I love that I have a little art buddy and I hope to nurture and support her talent so that she can hang onto this passion as she grows up.


Sweet Valentine.


Darling dolphin.


The artist.

14 comments:

Paige said...

I love the pirate face in the ballerina tu-tu. She does need to come to Paigie's house. I think we should plan our girl's trip soon. I need to see you guys. Tell that little bug I will meet her in the big apple in April. I love that little face. I hope I get a valentine from her. I'm serious. Can you mail me one? I will check the mail daily.

Lindsay B. said...

i'm sensing some real talent here linds. perhaps jos could do a series of dolphins...and we could get her into a show. :)

p.s. we miss hanging out with famous people with you!

Sid said...

she is a cutie- and yes i see the talent, just like her mommy!

Brandon Bridge said...

How cute. She is such a doll, and her artwork is fabulous!

Omie said...

I love Josie's dolphins. She really knows what they look like. I'll have to practice drawing some critters before I come out. I don't think she'll be impressed with my circles anymore. She definitely got her artistic talent from her mommy, daddy, and grandpa. Maybe Josie and I can bake cookies! Now Josie needs to draw a pirate that is a cute as she is.
Love you guys and Happy Valentine's Day.
Love, Omie

Angela said...

Too cute for words! I really hope she gets better soon so Bailey can hang out with her.

Angela said...

Too cute for words! I really hope she gets better soon so Bailey can hang out with her.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

funny, that's exactly what we did this morning! i'll bet some grandparents will be super excited to get those sweet valentines in the mail!

linds said...

i love the artwork and that pirate face is priceless..what a cute little valentine.

Mandi said...

Oh my goodness. Could she be any cuter? I love it. What a sweetie!

Jen Jenkins said...

There is nothing better than artwork from your kids! Priceless! She is such a cutie! miss you and love you!

Em N. said...

That pirate face- oh my, so cute! Very impressed with the dolphin as well. She is darling Linds!

Lorilee said...

takes after her mother... obviously. when are you going to get her a sewing maching, she could start on wedding dresses.
I love that she "needs to paint"....

happy valentines to you my little love.

the youngs said...

artist + ballerina + pirate = one darling little peanut!