
Right now, my little peanut is asleep in my bed, the thunder and lightning woke her up and scared her, so I'm the lucky mama who gets to snuggle with her tonight. I look at her and think, "How did I get so lucky as to be your mother?" I like to hope that all parents feel this way about their kids, and treat them accordingly, but unfortunately I know it's not true. I can't even start to think of all of the precious little sweetie pies out there who are not treated like they should be. If I think too hard about this it makes me nuts - wanting to adopt every child who needs someone. I know I can't, but I'm so grateful for the blessing to be a mom and to try my best to be the kind of mom that my little one deserves.

6 comments:
I am sure he needed you Linds. Poor little angels who don't have moms...real moms like you are! Blessed little Josie to have you! xoxxo
Geez..I need warning when I am going to cry during your posts. It wasn't good timing. I just did my make up. I saw one of my students yesterday with her baby and she was really skinny. She told me she ran away from home and didn't have enough money to eat. I thought all day long about that poor baby and the life she was going to live. I wanted to kidnap her and make it stop. Josie is lucky bean.
That story reveals volumes about you as a parent and a woman. So often, many of us are reluctant to see when we're needed and more reluctant to reach out to other people's children when they're in need. I'm sure that little boy could read you and could tell that you're a tender soul, a mom. That picture of Josie is to die for - I want to bite her lip.
You're a lovely mother. Truly, just a lovely mother.
so cute linds- i think that all the time when i see sweet little innocent babies at work who don't have the love they need. I wish I could take all of them home and give them what they deserve. So many sweeties out there that don't get blessed with loving parents. It's so sad!
Yes, yes, and yes-- you summed it right up. How lucky we are to have these little spirits in our lives. Poor little guy, you'll have to go to story hour every week now.
Linnie,
Of course I am crying reading your post! Maybe what I do as a teacher can makeup for some love lost at home. That is why I give "High Fives and Hugs" at the door and say I love every student before they leave everyday. Love you and your sweet tender heart.
Post a Comment