Peanut and I have ditched poor Benj and r-u-n-n-o-f-t'd to the lone star state for a bit.
Here are our top 10 reasons to love Tejas:
1. Josie's great-gram and grandpa live here- and they live to spoil us!
2. The food - two words: Tex Mex. Mmmmmm.
3. Schlitterbahn. Words can't describe this place. Check it out www.schlitterbahn.com
4. Fiesta Texas...world's tallest wooden roller coaster and funnel cakes.
5. More food: Rudy's BBQ. Best brisket this side of the mississip.
6. The beach. This is where some of my fondest childhood memories come from. Port Aransas or bust.
7. The Riverwalk- more food!
8. Texas pride. I saw 4 Texas tattoos in one day.
9. Austin and everything about it...destination of note: Barton Springs- a natural spring downtown where the city has installed super-springy diving boards.
10. Duh, Remember the Alamo! I especially love the tour of the basement.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Awww. Sounds fun Linds. As a kid I always wanted to join you on a trip to Texas, it always sounded like fun. I am ditchin' Code-meister also, I am up in Utah for a couple weeks.
I want to come just for the tex mex. mmmmmmmmm.
Is Paige there with you? she hasn't been blogging. If she is, you should talk her into getting a Texas tattoo.
Hey there! I wanted to check out your blog and see how you guys are doing...my husband has spent the last 2 weekends in McGuire :(. Since we now are living in Delaware, he will go to McGuire to do his Simulator's. Anyway, I thought of you guys. Hooray for Texas, we just moved from there! There's a WHOLE lot of Texas pride down there! :) Take care, your baby girl is SOO stinkin cute!
so fun- i too always wanted to go to texas with you growin up- it always sounded so fun!
is there an uncle julio's tex mex where you are? super delish. what about papacito's or papadeux's? where are you getting your tattoo?
Where are you guys in Texas? Please let us know if you are ever close to Fort Worth...we would love to see you!
All that sounds great but we miss you guys! I'm glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see you soon!
it's all about the food!
you made my mouth water! I want tex mex!
Post a Comment