Sunday, August 12, 2007

What is this world coming to???

Sometimes it freaks me out to be the mother of a sweet and innocent little girl - - and see all the filthy stuff out there ready to pollute her mind. I can't believe someone at Mattel approved these, and that they're in the toy aisle at Target next to all the other dolls. I guess sex sells, even to little girls. Get some clothes on bitties!

Top Model Barbie


Pom Pom Divas

6 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Hi Lindsey! Are you guys coming back through Vtown on your way out to Jersey? If so, we'd LOVE to see you guys if you have any time. We could get a group together if you wanted to. Also, if you need any help loading up a moving truck, we're your crew!

Paige said...

Does this mean you aren't going to let Peanut try out for Cheer in high school? Cuz by the time she gets there this is what the outfits will look like. I think she is only cheerleading already.

Lindsey said...

Well, it's hard to say at this point. I'm just not sure if she'll be a cheerleader or a drill teamer....hh. I was on a rant because I had just seen the commercial for the top model barbie and it is so ridiculous. I mean seriously - what age of girls are Barbies marketed to? Like 3-8? I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

the youngs said...

I am with you on this one! I say stick with the ugly baby doll you got for Josie. I seriously worry about raising kids in this mixed-up world...but hopefully with good homes, they will be good kids!

Unknown said...

I hear ya!! We haven't had cable for over a year and just got it and I'm freaked out by what's on. Having a girl in this day is so scary. I swear everything starts much earlier than it should.

whit said...

I agree with you, the fact that these and Bratz are right next to more age appropriate (or more appropriate in general) drives me nuts. I don't like Eli seeing them either. Trying to think of something witty - no go, too tired. Love you guys.